Delightcar, a local China company, provides professional and affordable car rental service in Datong (大同) and surrounding areas. We have a variety of vehicles to meet your special needs and budget. You can choose to use economic car, luxury sedan, mini van or big coach.
Datong is an important city situated in northern Shanxi Province. It is a historical city with many famous tourist attractions. Hiring a private car with driver in Datong will make it much easier to explore all of the attractions here. No matter for airport or railway station transfer service or visiting historic relics such as Yungang Grottoes, Hanging Monastery, Yingxian Wooden Pagoda and Wutaishan Mountain, our affordable and reliable car service is always available for you.
Our Datong car service (with driver) includes
1. Daily car use service in the city.
2. Datong airport transfer.
3. Car service to Yungang Grottoes, The Hanging Temple, Wutai Mountain, Yingxian Wooden Pagoda or combined.
4. Intercity transfers between Datong and Taiyuan , Pingyao, Beijing.
Check our car service rates as follows:
Datong Car Rental RatesThe following full day car service price is based on 8 hours use.
1. Our Datong car service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
2. The car rates above include driver, car, fuel, toll and parking, no hidden charges.
3. Our driver will pick up holding a piece of paper with your name.
4. You can reach us by our 24 hours English speaking phone support.
5. Deposit payment needs to be made via PayPal before service starts.
6. Please check our cancellation policy here.
7. English speaking guide is also available as per request.
Tel: +86 151 0108 7860
Address: Room 2-902, No.24, Huaqiaocun, Jianguomenwai Street, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China 100022
Datong Yungang Airport （大同云冈机场） is 17 km east of the Datong city center. It takes about 30 minutes ride. The airport check-in counters are closed 30 minutes before flight departure. Passengers are advised to leave Datong city 2 hours in advance.
Yungang Grottoes （云冈石窟）is 16 km west of Datong city and 33 km from Datong Airport. The opening hours is 8:30 – 17:00 and ticket fee CNY120. Recommended visiting time is two hours.
The Hanging Monastery
Hanging Monastery (or Hanging Temple 悬空寺) is located at the foot of Mt. Hengshan, about 85 km south of Datong city. Opening hours is from 9:00 to 17:00 and entrance fee CNY130, Recommend to visit it for two hours.
Wutai Mountain (五台山) is 220 km south of Datong city. it takes about 4 hours ride. The tourist spot is open all day all year round and tickets are available 24 hours every day. The entrance fee is CNY168. Travelers are advised to visit there for one or two days and are recommended to stay in the hotels inside of the tourist spot like Taihuai Town.
Major Attractions in Datong
- Yungang Grottoes (云冈石窟)
- Mt. Hengshan (恒山)
- Hanging Monastery (悬空寺)
- YingXian Wooden Pagoda (应县木塔)
- Huayan Monastery (华严寺)
- Shanhua Temple (善化寺)
- Nine-Dragon Screen (九龙壁)
- Yanmenguan Pass (雁门关)
- Datong Great Wall (大同城墙)
Advised size of vehicle you need
1-2 Passengers – 4 seats car
3-5 Passengers – 6 seats van
6-12 Passengers – 17 seats van
13-25 Passengers – 33 seat coach
26-40 Passengers – 51 seat coach
We offer clean and comfortable vehicles with professional drivers. The above car size suggestion is based on 1 person with 1 big luggage. If you have more luggage, consider a bigger size vehicle.